#HLHMedics have been out to The Mission Hospital, Durgapur camp this week, here’s a round-up of the children we’ve successfully treated:
- Rubi Konai a 12 year girl had a Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) closure, which is a hole in the wall separating the two lower chambers of the heart and a Right Ventricular Anomalous (RVA) treated with a muscle resection.
- Purnima Khata another 12 year girl was treated with a Intracardiac repair, transannular patch and left pulmonary artery (LPA) reconstruction.
- Debraj Sarkar a 14 month old boy suffering with a tetralogy of Fallot (TOF), a congenital heart condition involving four abnormalities occurring together, including a defective septum between the ventricles and narrowing of the pulmonary artery, and accompanied by cyanosis. Debraj was treated with a transannular patch.
- Shantanu Khatun a 7 year weighing boy weighing only 17kg suffering with a Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) which is a congenital anomaly of the heart. Shantanu was treated with a transannular patch.
- Manorama Dalal a 6 month baby boy weighing only 6kg suffering with a Double Outlet right ventricle (DORV). This is a congenital heart disease in which the aorta rises from the right ventricle (the chamber of the heart that pumps blood to the lungs), instead of from the left ventricle (the normal pumping chamber to the body). A DORV intracardiac tunnel repair was successfully performed.
- Mohammed Sheikh a 4 year boy weighing a mere 11kg suffering with a tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) was successfully treated with a treated with transannular patch.
- Bristi Dhidar a 5 year girl weighing 15kg suffering with a Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) had the ASD closed
- Subhojit Bagdi a 8 year old boy weighing 18kg suffering with a tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) was successfully treated with a transannular patch.
- Arjun Singh a 5month old baby boy suffering with infra cardiac obstructed Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Drainage (TAPVD) with pulmonary hypertension which has a very high mortality rate. Arjun was successfully treated
#TeamHLH would like to thank #HLHMedics, Medical Team at Mission Hospital, Durgapur and off course you our #HLHSupporters #HLHSponsors #HLHFriends and #HLHFamily