Planning Pointers to keep your fundraising safe
We are grateful to you for fundraising for Healing Little Hearts Charity and your safety and wellbeing is our priority. With this in mind, please follow our fundraising guidelines and ensure you adhere to all laws and health and safety guidelines when organising and holding your event.
Please consider the following guidelines as you plan for your event:
- Ensure that your event is organised efficiently and safely.
- The Health and Safety Executive has further information on event safety (www.hse.gov.uk).
- If selling food, contact the Environmental Health department at your local council for advice.
- Ensure that your event is properly and adequately supervised.
- Where children are involved, this should include:
- providing proper adult supervision
- carrying out appropriate background checks if adults are to have unsupervised access to children.
- Consider what insurance cover you may need for your event.
- Check with your local council whether you need any special licences, eg street collection licence, a public entertainment licence or a licence to sell alcohol.
- Always have two people present to count any money raised.
- Under 16’s (or 18 in London) are not permitted to collect money through public collections.
Healing Little Hearts Charity cannot accept any responsibility for your event, nor for anyone who participates in it.
Sending in your donation
All funds collected should be sent to the charity within six weeks of collection.
Please either pay them in online at www.healinglittlehearts.org.uk/make-a-donation or BACS payment 40-28-06, 74089081 (HSBC Bank) or by cheque made payable to Healing Little Hearts and posted to 2 Grace Road, Leicester, LE2 8AD
For further guidelines and helpful information, please contact us email@example.com