Birju Ghelani – I set-up George’s Nursery Schools in 1994 with my wife, Jaimina and we currently have 5 sites in the Leicestershire area.
Our aim is to develop children socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually by providing a professional service in a caring and stimulating environment.
Whilst building up St George’s Nursery Schools, I have been busy supporting the local community and have held various positions.
Some of these are listed below:
- Board member at Heartsearch. This is a local charity promoting better awareness and fund research into the causes, symptoms, prevention and treatment of heart disease
- Board member of Strategic Fundraising Committee, Member of Council, University of Leicester
- In-coming President of The Thursday Club – a business club made up of local businessmen and professionals
- Past, Non Executive Director of Leicester Shire Connexions
- Past Advisor to Leicester City Council on best value practice and Childcare issues
- Past committee member of Lohana Mahajan, a business caste within the Gujarati community
- Past Vice present of Thurnby Lions Club
Over 8.5 years ago I set-up Healing Little Hearts with Dr Sanjiv Nichani. I am the Chair, Co founder and Trustee of Healing Little Hearts. I share Sanjiv’s dream to make HLH a Global Foundation whereby we will work in Asia, Africa and perhaps even South/Central America.
Outside of work and HLH, I enjoy playing golf, bridge and Martial Arts and I enjoy holidays with my family.
If you have any questions or if you’d like to know more, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org